The St. Augustine Celtic Music and Arts Festival
St. Patrick’s PARADE, Saturday March 12.
On March 11-17, many of the greatest Celtic musicians, artists and poets from Ireland, Spain, and the U.S. will converge on the wonderfully romantic city of St. Augustine, Florida, for the Celtic Music and Arts Festival. The week-long festival will arguably be the finest international collaboration of Celtic music and art ever seen in the United States.
Presented by Romanza in association with Meehans on Matanzas, the festival will be directed by internationally-acclaimed Benny O’Carroll of County Kerry, Ireland. Following exciting weekend concerts, day-long festivities will continue throughout the week. Celtic masters will present traditional pub music sessions, contemporary and classical musical performances, workshops, dancing, storytelling, good humor, and lots of good food – all of which will culminate with the ultimate Celtic Party – St. Patrick’s Day! The celebration will include a St. Patrick’s Day Parade beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 12.
St. Augustine,the nation’s oldest city, was founded by don Pedro Menendez de Aviles in 1565. Appropriately, the festival headliner is HEVIA from Aviles, the hometown of the city’s founder and the heart of Celtic Spain. The band HEVIA is a Spanish Celtic phenomenon. Jose Angel Hevia has become an international sensation, revolutionizing popular music with his midi bagpipe and selling 2.5 million albums worldwide.
The festival will also feature Ireland’s own Four Men & A Dog, Benny O’Carroll’s Traditional All Ireland Band, Dublin City Ramblers, Timmy “The Brit” McCarthy, Sean Murphy and Patrick Coldrick. Outstanding American Celtic entertainers from New York and Florida will also perform. These include Black 47, Derek Coghlan, Michael Funge, 7 Nations, Rathkeltair and The Wobbly Toms.
To purchase tickets or to preview festival peformers and their schedules, go to www.CelticStAug.com.
The finest International collaboration of Celtic Music and Arts that the United States has ever seen:
- Hevia, the premiere platinum-selling Celtic pop band from Aviles, SPAIN.
- The best authentic traditional Celtic bands from Ireland including Dublin City Ramblers, 4 Men and a Dog, Benny O’Carroll’s Tradtional All Ireland Band and more.
- Irish classical guitarist Pat Coldrick.
- Irish dancing with Timmy the Brit.
- Black 47, the best Celtic folk-rock band from New York City.
- Seven Nations, the best Celtic rock band from Orlando.
- The best Celtic bands and performers from the First Coast region.
- Performances of Celtic music by the St. Augustine Community Orchestra and Chamber Music: Trinity!