Colonial Night Watch
Saturday, December 1, 2018, 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. at Colonial Quarter
Join hundreds of costumed re-enactors from St. Augustine’s Colonial History as they perform military drills and cannon and musket firing in St. Augustine on Saturday, December 1, 2018 on the grounds of the Castillo De San Marcos National Monument.
Schedule of Events Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Raising of the Flag with Fife and Drums
- 10:00 am Christmas Parade City of St. Augustine)
- 10:30 am Cannon Firing on the Gundeck with British Navy
- 11:30 am Cannon Firing on the Gundeck with British Navy
- 1:30 pm Cannon Firing on the Gundeck with British Navy
- 2:30 pm Cannon Firing on the Gundeck with British Navy
- 3:30 pm Cannon Firing on the Gundeck with British Navy
11AM Musket firing on Castillo South Lawn
1PM Musket firing on Castillo South Lawn
4PM Musket firing on Castillo South Lawn
Musket firings in the Colonial Quarter
- Colonial Quarter Stage
- Performance at Queen Isabella Garden (Hypolita and St. George)
- 7:00 pm Reenactors will join together in peace on this commencement of the Holiday Season. A torchlight parade will start at the Castillo at 7PM, and march to the City Gates where the Public will be invited to follow along to the Government house where Nancy Shaver, Mayor of St. Augustine will welcome those assembled. After the troops have fired a Volley of Joy from their muskets, the units will be dismissed and those left in attendance are invited to sing along in some old time Christmas Carols.
St. Augustine’s famous Nights of Lights will be in full swing and the Torchlight Parade makes the ambiance something to remember.